Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Tonight was Kobe's last concert in grade school. He played in the band, and did a steel drum act, sang with the choir, then danced the night away. I was impressed with the marching band! Even earned a standing ovation! Hard to believe there are only 2 more weeks left for my babe to be in grade school. Never thought I would see the day!

I traveled with Caden and the high school band to Branson this past weekend. Unfortunately, I got sick and was unable to partake in all the weekend's activities. Did enjoy seeing Dixie Stampede and eating a huge meal without utensils. Caden had a great time with his friends and is now saying how sad he will be to see some of them graduate. Caden will now give you the run-down on this past weekends events:

Well Branson was fun....we rode on a bus for more than 13 hrs of bus riding to and from there....our hotel was crappy....My friend Marilyn fell and cut her toe walking back from Olive Garden which was probably 2.3 miles away from our crappy hotel...I taught my friend Josh the "black hand" and my friends Marilyn and Oliva some BP!...I also went in a house of mirrors...I also broke my glasses and took lots of cool pictures...also SNL with Betty White was on in our hotel and that was probably the best part of the trip...I even bought the episode on my ipod....also Silver Dollar City was pretty sweet...I went around the park with my friends Emily, Brooke, Preston , Josh, Jessica, Madison, and Bri...we had a blast. so....be jealous. BP FTW!!!!! :)

As you can see, it was full of teenage who-knows-what. Anyway, good memories, right?

Tomorrow night is the AWANA awards. This will be my last night to present as director of Cubbies. I am stepping down as this is Kobe's final year also. I'm planning on coaching vb at Haven High next year and won't have the time to put into it anymore. Kobe will be receiving a big award tomorrow night. The Timothy award is presented to someone who has completed every book in AWANA. 9 total books of Bible memorization and application. I'm not sure what the total number of verses he has memorized, but it's A LOT! Caden got this award nearly 4 years ago! It is very difficult to earn this, and both of my boys did it! Proudy proud!

No comments:

Post a Comment