Thursday, June 18, 2009

So, Kobe came with me to Hutch today. He needed to get allergy shots, I had a dental appt and trio practice. Caden started his babysitting job today. He is watching 3 boys, ages 11, 8, and 4. He's great with kids so this should be good for him. Anyway, back to my story. Kobe and I are in the van going from one appt to another and he says...out of the blue..."I can't wait to go back to church". He has been gone for 3 straight weeks so far this summer. I say, "I've never heard you say that before". He says, "Ya, well it's boring without it". I just couldn't help but smile a little bit. Seems like church can sometimes be the "thing we do every Sunday". Especially for the kids. We are in the middle of a huge expansion project in our Children's dept. and we haven't had Sunday School for 6mos or more. So, they have to just go to "big church" each week. Not as exciting. So, for Kobe to say this, well, it was just priceless. I'm glad he sees the value in worship and not just the routine.

1 comment:

  1. That's AWESOME! Very cool!

    And...I can't believe Caden is babysitting!

    ReplyDelete