Thursday, March 12, 2009

Wow, time really does fly by


Finally able to post. I thought I would have all of this extra time now that basketball is over, however, I have realized that I have a ba-zillion other things to do in order to catch up from lost time. March Madness is right around the corner. Our Hawks have done well this season, surprise to many. Their presence at the Big 12 Tourney was short-lived as they were upset by Baylor. I hope they can make more of an impact in a couple of weeks in the NCAA tourney.

Hard to believe it's already been a year since that historical victory and the National Championship. Hard to believe Caden is almost done with his 1st year of high school. Hard to believe my baby, Kobe, is old enough to take care of himself, and will soon be in Jr High. Hard to believe I have worked for almost 8 yrs, and been married to Michael for 4. I really envy time. I honestly have a grudge against time. Time is my biggest enemy. There is never enough, it likes to go by faster and faster, and it's hard to keep track of. We were scanning old pics just the other day, and even Caden commented on how he couldn't believe how fast time is going by. I heard today that my niece, Mia, is scooting around...geez...can't they just lay there for awhile? Can't they just rely on us for a little longer? Can't they just NEED us a little more? I guess that's the unfortunate reality of life. Thankfully, we can enjoy time as we have it. Why waste it being sad, right? Well, just tell me that in say, 3 yrs, when Caden goes away to college...

Peace

1 comment: